Friday, December 29, 2017

Still Life Photography???

In all my trial and errors of learning what kind of photographer I wanted to be I would try my eye at still life photography.  I never really got into it but that didn't mean I didn't try it! LOL. I came across this pretty deer figurine and on a bright and sunny December day in upstate NY back in 2008 I took it outside, placed it in the grass, got down on my belly and gave it whirl.  I quickly discovered that getting into those positions were not easy or fun to do!   Although it looked like the grass was dry, it wasn't. I got up and was wet and muddy.  So much for outside still photography! Hats off to those photographers that are really good at it. If I do any still photography today... it would be indoors. Click on the images to see an enlarged view.

Still Life Photography of a Wooden Deer by Julie Everhart



Still Life Photography of a Wooden Deer by Julie Everhart

So here is what I got wet and muddy for... were the shots worth it in your opinion??? Feel free to leave your comments below. 

Thanks for stopping by!

Julie
www.fromcameratowall.com

1 comment:

  1. I think it was worth it, not only because of the pictures, but it gave you a new perspective and help solidify what kind of photographer you wanted to be!
    Laying in the itchy wet grass, isn't exactly fun for everyone! LoL!

    ReplyDelete