Friday, December 29, 2017

A Ride Down Memory Lane- Looks Can Be Deceiving!!!

I have recently been going back in my computer looking at images that I took when I first started doing photography ( I began in June 2008).  The images I am showing here were taken in Upstate NY in the Shawangunk Mountains on this very day 9 years ago.  I took a ride that day with my camera and went out in search of something cool to take photos of. I didn't realize at the time just how much there actually was to take photos of but I think I was still discovering what it was that took my eye.  The one thing I knew was that I loved was landscapes and nature photography.  I didn't do much in the way of people or architecture but occasionally something got my attention.

The photos here are of the same house taken from different locations. In this first image it makes you wonder how you get to the house and it looks very intriguing! The photo was taken from a bridge just a few hundred yards away from the house. Click on the photos for an enlarged view.

House in the woods photo by Julie Everhart


House in Woods in Shawangunk Mountains- Photo by Julie Everhart
As I drove across the bridge and down the road I got a clear view of the house and the mountains. I always thought this was a gorgeous setting for a house and one that was very secluded. It was becoming more clear to me everyday that nature and landscapes is what had my attention.

As the photographer you have the choice of how you want to present the images and what mood you want to give the viewer. This is the beauty of photography as seen through my eyes. Thank you for stopping by today and going back down memory lane with me...:)


Keep those cameras clicking,

Julie
www.fromcameratowall.com




No comments:

Post a Comment