Sunday, December 31, 2017

Goodbye to 2017




I have thought about this past year and what I have learned from it all. I have been through a very challenging year with struggles and battles that have tested me and yet, here I am...still alive and still breathing and still making art. So much can happen in a year and so much can change. The question you have to ask yourself is what did you learn from it or did it change you?  Or are you willing to change?

Change can be a good thing although we are generally resistant to change. We get used to daily habits and routines and things being the same way and that can really be a cry for help in disguise.  Your body and your mind could be trying to tell you something. You might need to listen to it. Being stagnant is never a good thing if you want to learn and grow.  There is always something we can learn from even the worst of experiences. You  just have to be willing to open your mind and accept the changes. 




This past year has taught me about the things that need changing and that the only person that can make that happen.. is me.  Changes don't have to be drastic, you can start small and work your way up. Little by little you will see the differences in your life and it will help give you the confidence to make larger changes when obstacles or challenges appear. 

For me, a new year has always been about making New Years Resolutions and changes as well as sticking them to them!  4 years ago I made a little new years resolution that every day I was going to throw something away.  Be it a old plastic spoon in the drawer, a pen that no longer worked, an ugly plastic cup that I was tired of seeing, just whatever odd things that were laying around and taking up space. And to this very day, I still do that!  It really helped with keeping clutter out of my house. The reason I think I still do this is because I am just stubborn like that, I don't like to be a quitter, lol.

I am glad to say Goodbye to 2017 and I look forward to making the necessary changes that will make my life better. There will never be another 2018. Think about that for a minute!! We are the ones that are here on this earth to live and enjoy it for the next 365 days, lets all make it count! Live each day like it could be your last because as we all know, we are never promised tomorrow.

Thank you for stopping by and Good Luck in the New Year,

Julie
www.fromcameratowall.com





No comments:

Post a Comment