Friday, January 5, 2018

Infrared Photography - The Beginning of My Creations

Hard to believe that about this time 4 years ago I started learning how to do Infrared Photography (photos made with invisible infrared light, rather than visible light). It was a form of photography that had my interest for many years and I was always fascinated at the images I would see online.The images would have a very mysterious and surreal feel to them and are very otherwordly. I hadn't a clue where to begin but that wasn't going to stop me! I read as much information about it as I could online and I started gathering up all the necessary equipment and would head out nearly everyday taking the time to set up my camera at each location.

The image below was taken using an IR Filter on my Nikon D200. This was a 14 second exposure. You can see I got a lot of lens flare ( the yellow dots) in this image.  Still I was pleased that I was headed in the right direction!


Strange World- The early learning stages of my Infrared Photography- by Julie Everhart

In this second image you can see that I managed to get clearer images and that was when I knew I was ready to start composing the photographs. I am a pretty fast learner but I am also very determined to learn something when I put my mind to it. You could even say I become very obsessed, lol.  



In December of 2015 I entered an Infrared Challenge on Gurushots and I won my first worldwide photography challenge. I was bound and determined to win that challenge.  Many call me the "Infrared Queen" and that is a title I am very proud of..:)  I spent the better part of 2014 taking infrared images, thousands upon thousands and spent endless hours in the digital darkroom learning how to edit these magical photos. All that hard work was worth it.


Keep those cameras clicking! 

Julie




No comments:

Post a Comment