Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Cold January Moon


On a cold night in early January 2009, the moon was shining bright and I had to go outside and see if I could get a shot of that big gorgeous moon. It was so cold out that I didn't spend but maybe 5 minutes outside. I think the temps that night were in the -7 degree range. I zoomed in as much as that camera would allow and the photo below is the result.  Not too bad huh for a beginner? 


Cold January Moon by Julie Everhart-photo taken with the Canon Powershot SXI0 IS.



On Christmas Day of 2008 I received as a gift a Canon Powershot SX10 IS with 20x Wide Angle Optical Image Stabililzed Zoom.The camera was 10MP(megapixel) and was released in October of that year and it was a big deal to me to get that camera. I took shots day and night with it trying to learn it as much and as fast as I could. 


My first real camera

It turned out that it was the only Canon camera I ever owned. I did get some good shots with it for the first year or so that I used it but my heart was set on a Nikon. I did eventually get a Nikon D200 in April of 2010.  I will share my first images with it at a later date. 

Thanks for stopping by and keep those cameras clicking!

Julie
www.fromcameratowall.com

No comments:

Post a Comment