Friday, February 7, 2014

What is MotoPhoto? How is it done?

What is MotoPhoto? It's actually a made up term by my husband and photographer Bob Blankenship for photos that you take from the car. You know that shot that you wish you could just stop the car for but really don't have time or you can't figure out how to get to that road along the highway?   Below are some photos that I just couldn't help myself, I had to roll down the window and just get a quick snap. Sometimes they turn out better than I thought they would and other times they are not so good. In these photos I actually did not get any motion blur but I did get good clean still shots from a moving vehicle.

















In the 2 photos below you can see the moving subjects and still subjects in the same frame. These were not taken from the car but were photos taken in December of 2008 with my new then Canon Powershot SX10. I was following the moving subjects to see what my camera was capable of capturing in a single frame.























Below is a shot I found of me taking a photo from the car of a house. You can see me in the side mirror of the car( my earlier days of taking photos). There is not allot of motion in this particular shot but I wanted to find a photo of me taking photos from the car.


The image on the right shows some motion blur in the trees and the house sitting still. Not an easy task to do from the car with wind blowing in your face and having just a a second or two to take the shot. ( click on photo to enlarge image).


Harper's Ferry, West Virginia as seen from the car.














As you can see its not always bad to pick up your camera as long as you have a responsible driver and take a few shots from the car. Sometimes you get a good shot and sometimes all you get is a memory. Either way its a good thing. You never know what you are going to get until you  give it a try.






Thank you for reading my post today and I hope I have showed you a little bit about panning and motion blur images. After doing much searching through my thousands of photos in my archive today I realized that I have gotten pretty good over the years from the car. I wish I had better blurred/panning images to show you but I just couldn't find many.

If you would like to read more information about Photography check out Bob Blankenship's Blog.

Hope you all have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by.

Julie


No comments:

Post a Comment