Sunday, February 9, 2014

Photography and Social Networking- Is it a Good Thing?

In my humble opinion.. YES!  It is very important!  When I began showing my works on Flickr in 2008, I was not yet established enough to have a following so I didn't really take the time to create social networking profiles such as FacebookTwitter , Pinterest and Google+  I may have heard of some of  these sites and checked them out but I didn't see the value at the time. And some of them did not exist as the time.

As my following grew and my thirst for knowledge about  these sites I started joining them and letting my followers know where I was. Soon I could see the benefits when it came to uploading images to my galleries.  People would see the posts go up about new uploads and my images were getting more views and more favorites. How cool is that?

Of course all of this took a little time to work on each profile but the way I see it is...."How else is National Geographic going to find me unless I make it easy for them? LOL Of course we all can dream. And oh what a dream come true that would be!


Thank you for reading my post and have a look at today's newest uploaded called Golden Glow on my Flickr profile. Click image below to see a high resolution image.

Golden Glow by Julie Everhart.
Hope you are enjoying your weekend and Happy Clicking!

Julie

Below are 3 of my most recent photos on Flickr's Explore.



No comments:

Post a Comment