Sunday, January 7, 2018

Faux Winter Photos- The Truth Revealed

I have seen many images on Facebook over the past week or so showing images of palm trees with "frost" or "snow" on them and people claiming them to be real. I hate to burst the bubble but the truth is that those are what are called Infrared Photography... and my specialty.  However, the images are beautiful and no one can deny that. The image I am showing you today is a photo I took a few years ago at one of my local parks. It is one of the best examples I can show you of infrared photography,

Infrared photography is photographing light that is not visible to the human eye but is seen with special infrared filters.The palm tree that was in front of me was not white at all, it was a beautiful, lush green. The camera photographs the light that radiates from the leaves of the trees and grasses, it is actually not photographing the landscape at all.. but just the light is sees. 

The images do not come straight out of the camera this way. It takes a many hours ( countless hours) to learn how to properly edit the finished photograph to get this end result. This is what gives the viewer the surreal feel of the image and shows the art that goes into creating these beautiful images.

White Palm by Julie Everhart

To see more of my infrared photography visit my Gurushots profile or visit www.fromcamearatowall.com

Thank you and remember to keep those cameras clicking!

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment